5 Amazing Electric Chainsaws For Best Garden Use
When it comes to cutting down trees or just giving your backyard shrubs a trim from time to time, having a chainsaw to do so can be a really efficient experience. More specifically, electric chainsaws can make your life a whole lot easier with its easy-to-maneuver abilities, lack of pollution, and overall convenience. Truly, electric chainsaws have their merits.
However, you might be wondering just what does it take to find the best electric chainsaw for your garden and home. With all of the different types out there, the process might come across as rather overwhelming.
There is nothing to fear, though; we are here to help! Learn more in this article on ways to find the right electric chainsaw for you, as well as receive suggestions from us on a few good choices to get you started right off the bat. Pretty soon, you will be trimming away those extra bits for a beautiful, pristine garden.
Without further ado, let us get to the list!
**Below, you'll find more detailed reviews but you can also click links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
I. How To Find A Good Electric Chainsaw
Upon going to your local hardware store, you will need to consider a couple of aspects as means of acquiring the best electric chainsaw for you.
With that said, here are some things to look out for concerning technical features, for in order to fully determine the quality of the electric chainsaw, keep your eye out for these particular factors, which may or may not be deal-breakers for you and your garden:
Also known as a “power-to-weight ratio,” this is probably the most important aspect of finding a good electric chainsaw (or rather, any chainsaw out there), for having enough force to slice through even the thickest of trees or bushes is highly beneficial to your trimming project.
In addition, having a solid, rapid acceleration level is worth checking out for it can get your project done sooner than later.
2. Automatic Chain Lubrication
In order to have the machine operating in perfection condition, having automatic chain lubrication is a necessity. Essentially speaking, this system produce lubricant within the chainsaw whilst in operation, which makes it easier to operate and prevents the risk of it from breaking down, thereby saving you the cost of having to fix it.
3. Vibration Dampening
Granted, using a chainsaw can come with vibration- and lots of it. Sometimes, it can be incredibly difficult to keep steady, let alone operate when the vibration is too intense.
That said, having a vibration dampening system helps to stabilize yourself with the chainsaw, as means of preventing you from getting too quickly exhausted, as well as reducing possibilities of injury because of it.
4. Emission Controls
Especially if you are sensitive to the loud decibels that the chainsaw makes while being operated, having emission controls to cancel out the noise is a good thing to have.
For an informative and fun way on how to operate an electric chainsaw, check out this video here:
Why use an electric chainsaw?
While it is true that manual and gas chainsaws exist out there in the markets, having an electric chainsaw has its great benefits compared with the other types. Of course, it is not perfect, but all the same here are some reasons why you should choose to use an electric chainsaw:
1. Does not emit fumes or gas
Face it: breathing in fumes and gas from things like car exhaust, factory smoke, or even that from gas chainsaws is not only disgusting, but also bad for your health. Even further, it can be an environmental hazard, for it causes plenty of pollution and thereby contributing more to the greenhouse effect in the atmosphere.
That said, choosing an electric chainsaw can be a good alternative, for it does not emit fumes or gas in order to operate, but rather solely on electricity. All you need to do is to charge or plug it into a socket, turn on the switch, and you are ready to go!
2. Is lightweight
Probably one of the most important aspects to think about when purchasing a chainsaw, being lightweight is essential as means of operating and carrying it around with you throughout the house or garden.
To put it in more specific terms, having a light chainsaw makes it easier to handle and therefore convenient, thereby saving you the time and the effort lugging it to-and-from places, as it is the case with gas chainsaws.
3. Is affordable
Especially if you are on a budget, electric chainsaws are excellent, for not only do they get the job done well, but also they are good on your wallet. While there are some that can be on the pricier side, electric chainsaws in general are a worthwhile investment to consider taking part in. We guarantee you that!
II. Top Five Best Electric Chainsaws for Your Garden
Famous for its auto-tension system and 15.0 amp motor output, Worx’s electric chainsaw has the tension regulation and extra power need to slice through even the thickest of trees, branches, or shrubs out there.
Its low kickback bar and built-in chain brake has added protection to prevent you from getting injuries, so that you can enjoy your pruning experience without any problems.
- Has an auto-tension system in order to regulate tension, preventing from getting too tight and thus keeping the operation at a smooth, steady balance.
- Contains an automatic lubrication system, as well as a built-in oil indicator with a window level indicator to let you know when your reservoir is running low, so you can replenish it.
- Already fully assembled when deliver, thereby saving you the hassle of having to assemble it, so you can use it right away.
- Oil reservoir can leak from time to time, so you will need to keep an eye out for it.
Excellent for beginners, Makita’s electric chainsaw has a few aspects to help anyone ease into the pruning experience.
From its current limiter to its large trigger switch, its helps to save power when overworked and offer smooth on-and-off transitions for an overall easy experience when trimming plants, trees, or bushes, respectively.
- Has rubberized grip handles for comfort and stability, thereby making it easier to manage.
- Contains a built-in current limiter for saving energy when the chainsaw is being overworked, so as to prevent burnout and other possible dangers when in operation.
- Has a large trigger switch for turning the machine on and off without any difficulties, thereby preventing accidents from happening.
- The chain can be dulled quite easily, which is not good for longevity purposes.
Unique in that it operates on lithium ion battery, Black + Decker’s chainsaw can operate on a longer period of time while also having tool-free chain tensioning for fast and efficient chain adjustments to cater to your needs and keep you safe from possible dangers when operating it on your garden’s hedges and shrubs, perhaps even trees.
- Uses lithium ion battery, which produces a longer running time and overall a longer life.
- Has an automatic oiling system, thereby lubricating your chain’s engines and keeping them running in perfect, tip-top shape.
- Has tool-free chain tensioning for fast and efficient chain adjustments, thereby keeping you well-adjust and safe from harm when in use.
- Batteries might not be as long lasting as other electric chainsaws which do not operate on lithium ion battery
Consisting of a 4.5-amp motor and clamp jaws to lock particles into place, this electric chainsaw also from Black & Decker is a worthwhile investment to consider for your next big gardening project.
At a mere eight pounds, it is also lightweight enough to carry around with you wherever and whenever, thereby taking off the weight, literally, of other chainsaws that you might have been accustomed to before, e.g. gas chainsaws.
- Consists of clamping jaws to lock and cut trees, branches, and shrubs in one, swift motion, thus making it quick and efficient.
- Is lightweight at only eight pounds, thereby saving you the hassle of lugging around an otherwise heavy piece of machinery.
- Cuts up to four inches of material, which is perfect for pruning in your garden.
- Not ideal for horizontal or overhead operation, for the chainsaw can actually jam mid-way through operation.
Known for its brushless motor, this distinctive aspect from GreenWorks’ electric cordless chainsaw offers that extra boost of torque for better cutting techniques, as well as less vibration to keep it under control and you safe from danger.
It comes included with batteries and a charger and it can serve up to one hundred cuts within one battery operation.
- Consists of a brushless motor for more torque and less vibration for a more powerful and safer operating experience.
- Comes with batteries and a charger as backup.
- Very economical in the fact that it can cut up to one hundred times in one battery operation.
- Only good for pruning or trimming small parts, but might not hold up with bigger parts of trees, branches, and shrubs.
III. Winner of the Roundup
Overall, the winner goes to Makita UC4051A Electric Chain Saw (2), for it not only went above and beyond with its energy-saving current limiter and large trigger switch, but it also is excellent in protection with rubberized grip handles and altogether being a solid electric chainsaw for beginners and professionals alike to use.